.

.

Saturday, March 2, 2013

What does Sacrifice look like?

myclassacts.blogspot.com





Sacrifice comes in all shapes and sizes.
It looks different to every wallet.
It looks different to every calendar and schedule.

It looks different for every single person.
And I understand that.

Sacrifice looks one way for a single mom...
it looks completely different for the wealthy family.

How sacrifice looks is not important at all.
What is important, is that the Christian does it!

I have been on both sides of sacrifice.
I have been able to give generously. And I have received someone else's generous giving.

There is a growing trend among 21st Century believers-
It is quite disturbing at times.

It's the "I worked hard for this...don't ask me to give it away" kind of spirit.

It's the "We don't have it, won't have it, don't intend on having it" kind of spirit.

It's the "I get tired of hearing how the Church always needs money for special outreach, guest speakers, missionaries, children's programs, building fund, AND another Love offering for the Pastor!"

I'm a realist.
I understand how hard we have to work for our money today!
I understand gas prices, heating bills and rising food costs.

I understand you need a Smartphone.
I understand you need name brand clothes.
I understand you need to eat out 5 times a week.
I understand you need Cable.
I understand you need Disney Land.

But I also understand scripture.
I understand the Biblical duty of stewardship.
I understand nothing is really mine anyways.
And I understand I won't be taking any of it with me when I die!

I understand there is a need for more Sunday School teachers, more van drivers, more altar workers, more prayer warriors, and more to work in Outreach.

I understand there is a need for more offerings, more people to clean the church, more people to host Cell groups and more hospitality.

I understand when I give 10% He makes 90% more than enough!
I understand it is more blessed to give than to receive.
I also understand -you will NEVER outgive the Lord.

Proverbs 21:26
…the righteous gives and does not hold back.


Proverbs 22:9
He who is generous will be blessed


Proverbs 28:27 He who gives to the poor will never want, but he who shuts his eyes will have many curses.

"He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully."

No comments:

Post a Comment