.

.

Saturday, August 9, 2014

To Accept or not to Accept -THAT is the question.

myclassacts.blogspot.com





There are things in my life I have come to the conclusion I simply must accept.

Some things are easy. Others not so.

I have to accept I will never be Miss America or Mrs America for that fact!

I will never be 30Ibs underweight!

I will never live in a Penthouse, and have a maid!

I will never have perfect children!

I have to accept the fact that some people will never apologize for wrongs they've done to me.

I accept the fact that I do not pray enough or study the Bible enough.

I accept the fact I have disappointed God at times.

I accept that without hard work and dedication, things will not get done.

I accept that to be happy in this life I must let go of people and things that cause me sadness.

I accept the fact that I am a stubborn person who borderlines being a perfectionist!

I accept the fact that I can be selfish and overly insecure at times.

I accept the fact that I make and have made mistakes that I have paid dearly for.

I accept the fact that I cannot depend on others for my happiness.

“There are things we don’t want to happen but have to accept, things we don’t want to know but have to learn, and people we can’t live without but have to let go…”
        AND I ACCEPT THAT!

And sometimes that is painful.

I also understand and accept the fact that if I am not careful, I accept too many things that are hurting me, hindering me, disappointing me, and wearing me out- especially from the devil!!!

When I get weary….I forget.
When I get weary…I drop my guard.
When I get weary…I allow too many negative thoughts to invade my mind.

I need God to "stir up the gift that is within" in me and help me take back some ground I may have lost. To take back some spiritual energy, enthusiasm, excitement I may have lost.

I accept the fact that I have let the Devil discourage me for too long.

I have let him spiritually beat me down and wear me out with worry and stress.

I accept the fact I have LET that happen!!

But today…
I refuse to accept that I don't have a future.

I refuse to accept that my loved ones are beyond reach.

I refuse to accept defeat.

I refuse to accept that “It’s not worth the fight” anymore

I will not accept the notion that God cannot use me.

I will not accept the lies of the enemy any more!

I will not accept the “I don’t know what else to do” excuses

I accept the fact that to the world I may be nothing but to God I am His chosen, called out, and redeemed child

I cannot accept the thought that my past mistakes will  dictate who I am today

I cannot accept the thought that God will leave me to be swallowed up in problems and worry.

I refuse to accept the idea that prodigals will not come back home!

We are nearing the end of this thing.
Even if God tarries another 5 years… that’s still very close to the end!

I have laid down and let things happen. I have stopped fighting for what is rightfully mine in the Kingdom of God. I have let the enemy wear me out. I have learned to live with disappointments and discouragement in my soul.

But today! 
I will remind myself that yes, there are things I simply have to accept 
…but there are other things that I absolutely
WILL NOT ACCEPT anymore!


No comments:

Post a Comment